SADALAS HAND EMBROIDERY

SADALAS HAND EMBROIDERY
Lakshmi Sadala

Friday 6 June 2014

Tutorial: Knotted broken chain stitch

On demand from my readers for the tutorial of the knotted broken chain stitch I am reposting it from my old blog sadalas.blogspot.com which I have closed for the public since it was hacked and was giving problems again and again.
So far I have reposted almost all the main projects from my old blog. But skipped many of small works since it is time taking.. there were 300+ posts in my old blog. 

Here is the tutorial..hoe you can understand through the pictures..if any problem please ask me..










At present I am doing chemanthi stitch on a saree..I am travelling more these days and enjoying with relatives more so could not do much of embroidery..will post the pictures once it is completed..

9 comments:

  1. Superb tutorial. Thank you so so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why are you not posting anything nowadays? Are you busy or have you changed your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not changed my blog..just busy and not much in to embroidery these days..more over my camera is not yet fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness ! This is lovely....never seen this before . What a great tutorial !

    ReplyDelete
  5. One question please ? When you reach the top of the row , does the needle travel down the reverse side of the fabric to start again the next row at the bottom ? Or do you finish off every time and start again the next row ? Sorry , hope that makes sense ! : ) And many thanks in advance .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. starting from the bottom row work broken chain stitch on each row and end on top row. then bring back the needle from the back side and start doing broken chain stitch from the bottom row and end on top row. continue till th design completes..hope this help you..

      Delete
    2. see the foto collage in the last picture..it will help you..

      Delete
    3. Thankyou , yes and the picture does help : )

      Delete

your comments means a lot to me